Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pleather, Pleather for Fall Weather

As I alluded to in my last post, pleather is back for fall 2014.  If you don't think it is true, go into any trendy boutique, and you will find either pleather jackets or pleather trimmed tops and bottoms.

Since the weather is turning cooler and September is the start of fall, I sported a little dress with a pleather skirt at an event I had last weekend.



I found this great dress at Illusions by Jill (Lincolnshire, IL) for $60.  With jewelry and heels, I was good to go.

FYI, Illusions had other styles of dresses with pleather and a lot of other great dresses for fall too.

Illusions also had this great top with pleather on the sleeves.


And, again, I must mention, pleather accents on jackets is a huge trend.  In fact, in London and Paris this summer, I noticed a lot of casual jackets with black leather on the sleeves.  How cool does that sound for me to be able to spout off like an expert on the European fashion scene!

I really loved this look from Illusions:  A pleather jacket with sleeves made of a knit material.  Looks cozy, doesn't it?



Here is a chunky cardigan sweater with just a hint of pleather.


The denim sweatshirt jacket is also a big trend I have seen too.  I saw a great jacket by Free People last year in this style, but this one by tractr is adorable as well…


Another trend is the mock layered sweater.   Have you seen this look where the shirt hangs out of the bottom of the sweater?  This one piece version is adorable:


You can pair this with skinny jeans or printed leggings.

Last, but not least, for all you gray lovers out there (I am actually seeing tons of gray for fall):


No comments:

Post a Comment