Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Moms: Don't be Afraid to Rock the Latest Styles

I had a birthday on Friday.  Let's just say that it put me into my mid-40s.  My teenage son says I am a "middle-aged" mom and should dress like one.  I am not sure what that means.  I don't even think he knows what that means since I still pick out his clothes.

For my birthday, my husband took me on a surprise get away to South Beach, Florida.  I had a chance to survey the local fashion scene and pick up some fall fashion as well.  In my next post, I will blog about five big fall trends and show you some of the damage I did while in South Beach (yes, it was 88 degrees there, and yet I managed to buy a cashmere sweater at Nordstrom in a Miami mall).

Today, I am blogging about a cool store I found last week but had to delay this blog post due to the birthday weekend.  Rock N Rags (1821 St. Johns, Highland Park, IL) is a hip trendy fashion boutique that caters to both the high school/college set and, also their moms.  Rock N Rags carries some great  brands with affordable prices.  The store has a cool vibe to it.  The front of the store is filled with trendy fashion, and there are vinyl records for sale towards the back of the store.  Trust me, it is in no way like you are shopping at the junior department in a mall department store.  Most of the fashion I saw was not too young for any of you moms out there, even us 40 something ones.

See for yourself some of my favorite fashion finds at Rock N Rags:

Great jackets with a little faux fur collar:



Cute sweaters:


Love the bottom of this one (see below):


This sweater has the mock layered bottom I talked about in a previous post.  Huge trend!!!


Simple, yet adorable:


I love the pattern on this blouse, which you can see in the close up in the second photo below:



The dark floral trend is hot.  I think I am going to have to get these great leggings by Dex:


I am still seeing a lot of the skull trend so it is to too late to jump on the bandwagon.  This cute sweater has a hood and the skull on the back:



I am embracing the plaid trend, and this plaid shirt has an awesome floral back.  Check it out!!




Lastly, Rock N Rags is about music and fashion.  Love this top!


You can check out Rock N Rags on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment