Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall is Here and So are the Trends

Fall is a great time for fashion in the Chicago area.  You can transition your summer pieces over to fall with a light jacket.  I love fall jackets: leather, denim, knit, sweatshirt material, a little sherpa, a little faux fur.  And fall weather is cool enough for a sweater, yet usually warm enough that you don't have to cover up that sweater with a coat.  Plus, the down parkas are still way back in our closets, and it's too bad they cannot stay there.

Yesterday, I took Tory for a walk and saw some beautiful fall color.  The leaves are just starting to change, and I saw lots of reds and yellows.  Fall colors are the best.  Who needs the pinks and mint greens of spring, when you have the fall neutrals?  This year, I am crushing big on burgundy and maroon colors.  The magazines have told me that other big colors are sky blue and shades of green.

For today's post, I am featuring five huge fall trends that I have seen all over.  Since I am a slave to fashion trends, I think that I have embraced them all.  Drop me a comment either on this blog (below the post) or on Facebook and let me know what trends you are into for fall 2014.

The first trend I am loving for its comfort and versatility is the slip-on sneaker.



I purchased mine above at Nordstrom, and they are by Steve Madden.  But everyone is making these from Vince to Tory Burch, Sam Edelman and Michael Kors.  I chose a classic navy color with quilting, but you can even get calf hair slip on sneakers too.  This is a great trend for moms on the go.

Speaking of quilting, that is big again too.  I have seen lots of cute quilted sweatshirts, handbags and shoes.  Check out this great quilted dress from Loft.


You know, I am going to mention the pleather trend, which is back again for fall 2014.  Cute sweatshirt alert below:



This sweatshirt by MinkPink is from Rock N Rags in Highland Park, IL, one of my favorite new boutiques for unique trendy fashion.

As far as sweaters go, thick chunky sweaters are also a big trend.


The sweater above is from Alice B. in Buffalo Grove, IL and is a patterned sweater with fringe (also big trends).

Also in vogue, zippers on the side of sweaters.  Below is a cute sweater from Evereve (although not a chunky one) with the zipper detail.


The final trend for today, which I have mentioned before, is plaid.  Plaid is everywhere.  I found this cute plaid with a sherpa lining at Rock N Rags and also the one on the left by Dex as well.

 

This is just the tip of the iceberg.  Hopefully tomorrow I can carve out some more time to blog again about fall trends.  Until then, Happy First Day of Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment