Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Crazy about CAbi

Blog?  What blog?  I know lately I have been the nonexistent blogger.  The end of the school year is a very busy time for everyone.  In my house alone, we had graduation festivities, dance recitals and end of the school year parties, just to name a few.  Those of you who have kids that play softball or baseball, that is a whole other element to add to the mix.  I feel for you!

Add to that, that my kids are 48 hours into summer and already "bored," and you may not be hearing from me too often in the coming months.  I promise that I will try my hardest to keep you in the loop with summer fashion (since summer is finally here) and to give you a preview of fall fashion as soon as it starts hitting the stores.  I mean, fall fashion will be here before we know it.  My favorite extravaganza, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, is merely a month and a half away…

I received an exciting package the other day, and I love getting packages.  This one was from CAbi, and it was all the great fashion my friends ordered at the CAbi show I hosted less than 2 weeks ago (WOW...that was a fast turnaround on the order!)

I had a lot of fun hostessing the show, and my guests enjoyed themselves as well.  A CAbi party is a home based party where a consultant showcases the current season's line of clothing.




There are 3 great things that I took away from hosting a CAbi show.  First, it is unlike other house parties.  It is a lot of fun to try on the sample clothing and model for your friends.  The guests really get to interact with each other and shop in a non-pressured environment.   Your friends and the consultant help you find what looks good on you and help with sizing.

Also, what I thought was particularly helpful was that the CAbi Consultant showed multiple outfit combinations and a multitude of ways to wear the pieces.  Don't just think a sweater can be worn one way with blue or black denim.  There are many ways to style a piece of clothing (see the tops I bought below), and the CAbi Consultant is great at helping you do that.

Third, throwing a CAbi party is easy.  CAbi's online website is very easy to use.  The website provides you with save the dates, actual invitations and reminder letters that you can easily email to your guests.  There is also a page that keeps track of the yes/no/maybe responses and purchases made.  You do not even need a lot of food or drinks to put out.  CAbi wants the party to be close and comfortable.  I like to entertain so I made some yummy sweets, but veggies/dip, water and wine is all you need.

There are great incentives for hosting a party, and these can be found on the CAbi website so check it out. (www.Cabionline.com)

Your consultant will walk you through the process of sending a save the date, an invite and reminders.  All you have to worry about is talking the party up to your friends and on the day of the party making sure that you have cleaned up the spare legos, Barbie shoes and other toys.

After the guests arrive, the consultant will hand out catalogs, order forms and pens so that everyone can follow along while she presents the different lines of CAbi clothing.  Then the fun really begins.  Your guests get to try on the samples the consultant brought, and there is a lot to choose from.  It is great to get all sorts of opinions from your friends and other guests, and it makes shopping a breeze.





 

My favorite items from the new spring line are these below.  I love these first two items because they could be worn as tube tops and as skirts as well.  I am loving that concept.




The printed one is even a reversible skirt.


I also chose the Cabana Cover Up after seeing how adorable it looked on one of my friends:



I am so excited to wear my new CAbi clothing.  Let me know if you are interested in hosting a CAbi party or want to know more about CAbi.  I can get you in touch with a consultant.  Feel free to email me at bestdressedmoms@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment