Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Latest Finds at Hot Mama

It's been a while since I've done a post featuring the fashion at Hot Mama.  As you know, it is one of my favorite stores.  I love shopping there because they have so much merchandise, and it is ever-changing.  Whether the fashion is arranged by like color, like style, or like designer, it is always appealing to the eye and easy to shop there.  I love the ensembles they display and sometimes want to just buy the whole deal right off the display.  Plus, they are always helpful (not pushy) at putting together a look for you, too.  They totally get it when you stop in and what you try on doesn't work for you, and it's just not your day.  They know if they stay low pressure, you will be back again.  For me, I do find it really hard to stay away, so I also keep up with what's new on their website http://www.shopmama.com.

When I stopped in at Hot Mama in Deer Park early this week, it was all about prints at Hot Mama.  I've always been more of a solid or stripes person, but have been more willing lately to try out some prints, and have even added a few to my wardrobe.

The more I think about this top, I really do like it.  Yes, it's bold, but it is summer (almost), and it can even be subdued with a blazer or jean jacket.  Check it out:


What do you think?  Thumbs up or down on the above top?

Then there's this top below, which is very cute and can be worn all summer as we do our "mom" things, go to weekend barbecues, or go out casual at night.



Here is another cute print which looks amazing with a distressed jean:


I have this thing for blues lately.  This little ensemble below is so adorable:


Then they had this peasant top, which looks great with denim.  It is very lightweight and perfect at night in the summer (especially when the a/c is blasting):


I debated on whether I needed to add this strapless dress below to my wardrobe.  Even on a 80 degree day like today, I have a hard time believing that it will ever get hot enough to go strapless, but even with a jacket, this dress is super cute and easy to throw on:


Another cute top and reasonably priced at $58:


For those of you who think I don't blog enough about bottoms, check out these super sweet pants from XCVI:



I do promise to blog again this week, but with Memorial Day approaching, I had to give a shout out to this sweater, which totally captures the spirit of the holiday:



No comments:

Post a Comment