Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pink is My New Mint

The biggest color trends I have been seeing for spring is, of course, black and white, and I'm seeing a lot of pastels, a trend that was really hot last year, as well.

I have seen lots of mint, peach, and yellow (especially yellow and gray) and tons of pink.  So with all of this cold, dreary, rainy weather, I thought I would throw some pink your way.  It might cheer us both up.

I have already blogged about some of the pink I have seen.  Let me refresh your memory with some pink from a past post on Payton Rose:


And this cute sweater from the Fashion In Motion Truck:



I saw a whole rack of pink separates at bevello in Deer Park last week:


I thought this top at bevello was particularly alluring:



Here is a great sweater that is on sale at the GAP right now.  It is called the waffle-stitch sweater:

:

What else do I particularly like in the world of pink?

Well, I broke the bank and went for the Genetic Brooke Crop Skinny in petal from Bloomingdales.


These jeans are a blush color, which is a pretty soft muted pink with a hint of lilac.  I was drawn to these because the fabric is so soft.  I plan to get a lot of use out of these come spring and summer as you can cuff them up or roll them to many lengths.

I have eyed the Tory Burch "Stacked T Book Bag" in ballet pink and quilted Tory Burch "Ariana Swing Pack" in the blush color many times .  I love both of these because they are cross body and look easy to carry.  Also, they look easy to get your wallet, keys and phone in and out of.   I find that the ease of getting what you need into and out of a bag is a major selling point for me on any bag I contemplate.

Also, I came across these pink Kurt Geiger "Match" sandals in a magazine and found them on the Nordstrom website.  They are simple but a good way to add a splash of pink to your outfit.

The best thing about pink is that it comes in many shades: blush, light, deep, fuchsias and hot pinks.  I found pink everywhere from boutiques to department stores to work out wear.  Check out this cute pink top I found at lululemon:



I am not sure if this exact top (called the "RUN: Swiftly Racerback") is still available, but there are a lot of pink tanks in many styles on the lululemon website.

Pink is a great color to wear at any time whether you are at work, working out, going out, going out to lunch, hanging out or even just waiting out (in the carpool line).

No comments:

Post a Comment