Friday, April 4, 2014

Forget Fashion Friday

This is my first post that has absolutely nothing to do with fashion, but it has a lot to do with food.  Maybe I will generate even more interest in my blog!   I will just try to view this post as a supplement to my weight loss post since it has to do with healthy eating.

Now, get this...not only can you buy fashion on a truck (see previous post on the Fashion In Motion Truck's Grand Re-Opening Event this weekend), but you can buy salad in a jar from a vending machine!

Why can't I think of these great ideas?????

This fabulous idea is called Farmer's Fridge, and it is sweeping the Chicago area.  I heard about it on Facebook, and I had to take a trip to the Lake Forest Oasis (where they have one of these cool machines) and see it for myself.  All you do is swipe your credit card and out comes a healthy salad in a jar, to which you can add a protein (like chicken), if you wish.  And, the best part, the salad is really good!

The salads are made fresh every day and delivered every morning to these vending machines.  Here is a picture of the kiosk:



Farmer's Fridge is just branching out in the Chicago area, and the two other locations are in the city.  But the fans are calling for more locations.

I went today and bought the Antioxidant Salad:



They also have a High Protein Salad, Detox Salad, The Cheater, Mediterranean Salad, North Napa Salad and more.  I have also tried their yogurt with berries and a cauliflower fried rice (not fried and not rice, but veggies and cauliflower which tastes like fried rice) and they are both really tasty!

If you want to hear more, see www.farmersfridge.com or check out their Facebook page.  You will be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment